Using Timesheets in ERPNext
Timesheet contains details on the number of hours an employee spent on a specific task.
In ERPNext, this data can be used to determine the billable hours towards an employee and utilization of an employee to a project or task.
Create a Timesheet
- Log into your ERPNext account
- Click on Projects
- Click on Timesheet.
- Add the following details to the field 'Time Sheets'.
- Activity Type: Add the type of activity for which the Time Sheet has been created.
- From Time: Enter the date and time at which the work was started.
- Hrs: Enter the number of hours for which this Time Sheet has been created. One Timesheet can be used to track the work hours on multiple days as well.
- Project: If this Time Sheet needs to be tagged to a particular Project, you can add the name of the Project here.
- Bill: This box needs to be checked if this particular Time Sheet is a billable.
5. To add additional activities, click on ‘Add Row’.
6. Click ‘Save’ to apply changes.
7. After Saving the details, the Timer will start for the Activity. Alternatively, this can be manually fulfilled by “Completing”
8. The total hours will be added to the timesheet.
Creating Timesheet under Tasks
- Login to ERPNext
- Go to Project, select Task
- On the Activity Section of the Task Dashboard, click on Timesheet.
- Follow usual steps in creating a Timesheet.