Using Project Templates in ERPNext
In ERPNext, a Project may be composed of multiple tasks. In some, Projects are repetitive specially if the products being offered by the company are services. In order to easily define tasks per project, you can use a Project Template. Project Template is a document which lists the set of Tasks required to complete a project.
To create a Project Template:
- Login to ERPNext
- Go to Projects. Under Projects, click Project Template.
- To create a new Project Template, click “New”.
- Enter the required information.
- Name - Enter the Project Template name
- Project Type - classification of the project
- Tasks - Select the Tasks needed in the project. In this field, apart from the Task subject and description, you can also specify the day on which this task should begin after the project is commenced and then assign a specific number of days to each task.
5. Click Save to Apply the changes.
With this Project Template, you can create projects by clicking on the Project + sign on the header. By default, the tasks on this template will be assigned to the project created.