Using Pick Lists in ERPNext
In ERPNext, a Pick List is a document that tells your employees which inventory is needed to fulfill sales orders. Generally, it tells which items that needs to be taken from inventory in order to fulfill an order.
Pick List is usually used by your logistics and warehouse department.
In order to create a Pick list, a Stock Item and Warehouse should be set up in ERPNext.
To create a Pick List:
1. Login to ERPNext.
2. Go to Stock. Under Stock Transactions, click on Pick List.
3. Click New.
4. Set the Company.
5. Select the Purpose of Pick List. These are the options under Purpose:
- Delivery: This option will let you add Items from a Sales Order, to deliver. After submitting Pick List a new Delivery Note can be created based on the Warehouse from which items were picked.
- Material Transfer for Manufacture: This will let you select a Work Order from which raw materials will be pulled for picking. You will be presented with an option to select the number of finished goods for which you want to pick raw materials. After picking the stock you can create Stock Entry for the picked items i.e., raw materials.
- Material Transfer: This will let you select a Material Request for which you want to pick items. After picking the stock you can create a Stock Entry for the picked items.
6. On the Item Locations table, add the items and the quantity you want to pick. Click "Get Item Locations" to get the Warehouse and other details for each Item.
7. If a parent Warehouse is selected, Warehouses only under that parent Warehouse will be suggested.
9. Item Locations: This will have the information of the item location (Warehouse), Serial Number for serialized items and batch no for batched items.
10 . Click Save and Submit.