Supplier Master Data
1. Log into your ERPNext account
2. Got to Accounting and click on Supplier
A. Creating a New Supplier
- Click on ‘New’ on the upper right hand area of the screen
- Click on "Edit Full Page" to bring up the full page supplier form
- Enter the supplier’s company name under Supplier Name
- Select the correct proper group classification of this supplier under Supplier Group, e.g. Raw Materials
- Optional: You may enter information in the rest of the form but they are not necessary, e.g. Enter the TIN number under TIN
- Click "Save" to save the supplier
- Select the customer in the customer list
- Scroll down to ‘Address and Contact’
9. Add an Address by clicking on ‘New Address’ . Enter the following information:
- *Address Type - Select if the address is for Billing, Shipping, Office etc.
- *Address Line 1
- Preferred Billing Address - Tick if this is your default billing address
- Preferred Shipping Address - Tick if this is your default shipping address
10. Click on ‘Save to save your changes.’
Add a Contact by clicking on ‘New Contact’ . Enter the following information:
- *First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile No.
11. Click on ‘Save to save your changes.’
12. Scroll down to ‘Credit Limit’
13. Select the Payment Terms template. If Payment Term is not listed in the dropdown, click on ‘Create a new Payment Terms Template’.
13.1 To create a new payment term template, Enter the following information:
- *Template Name
- Payment Term - If not in the dropdown, select ‘Create a New Payment Term’
- Invoice Portion (%)
- Due Date Based On (Select from dropdown)
- Credit Days
- Click on ‘Save to save your changes.’
14. Click on ‘Save to save your changes for Credit Limit
B. View a Supplier
- In the supplier list, search for the customer by entering the customer’s name in the ID search field and click Enter.
Search results will be shown on the list. Click on the supplier name to view the full details.
2. Alternatively, you can also search for a customer via the Search Bar
C. Edit a Supplier
- View the supplier details
- Edit the supplier’s details as necessary, refer to steps as per ‘Create a New Supplier in section A.
To edit the supplier’s address and contact, select the address or contact which you would like to update and change as per steps in ‘Create a New Supplier’