Posting Journal Entries for Expenses in ERPNext
To record expenses such as rent, utilities, miscellaneous supplies and others, a journal entry should be created.
- Log into your ERPNext account.
- Click on Accounting .
- Under General Ledger, click on Journal Entry.
- Click on 'New'.
- Under Entry Type, choose Journal Entry.
6. In the table, under Account,
- Debit - Select the appropriate account to be Debited (e.g. 41000 - Electricity) and enter the Debit amount
- Credit - Select the appropriate account to be Credited (e.g. 10025 - Petty Cash Fund) and enter the Credit amount
7. In the next section, enter the appropriate User Remarks
8. Under Reference Section, enter the Bill No., Bill Date and Due Date (if applicable)
9. Click or press CTRL+S to save the document. Note that this does not finalize the document yet. Instead, the journal entry in draft status
10. Review the journal entry. If everything is in order, click on or press CTRL+S to submit and finalize. You are done.