Creating Sales Order in ERPNext
- Log into your ERPNext account
- Click on Selling > Sales Order
3. Click on found on the upper right hand area of the screen
4. Type the customer name in the Customer field. As you type the name, you will see a list of customers in the menu below. Click on customer you are entering a sales order for.
a. If the customer exists:
You can do a more advanced search to find a customer by clicking on "Advanced Search" in the drop down menu. Use wildcard % sign instead of the actual character, if you are unsure of the correct name that is registered in the system. For example, you can search for Puregold by typing in “P%old”
b. If the customer doesn’t exist yet in the system:
You will need to create a new customer. You can do this by clicking on "Create a new Customer" in the drop down menu (this option will only be visible if you have the permission to create new customers).
5. Enter the required Delivery Date for the order under Delivery Date field
6. Optional: enter the Purchase Order (PO) number of the order under Customer’s Purchase Order. After entering the PO number, you can also enter the date of the PO
7. Under Address and Contact you can choose to change the Customer Billing Address, if necessary. By choosing a registered customer, the address will automatically be pulled from the customer’s default address
8. Under Address and Contact, it’s important that you select the correct shipping address (where the goods will be delivered to) under Shipping Address Name. This is particularly important for customers with multiple branches/locations.
9. Select the source warehouse in Set Source Warehouse.
10. Under Item Code in the item table, type in the time code of the product being ordered. Similar to searching for customers, you can also do an advanced search or create new items as needed (if you have the permission to create)
11. Under Quantity, enter the quantity of items being ordered
12. Under Unit Price, enter the unit price of the item being ordered
13. To add more items, you can simply press TAB on your keyboard, or click on the button "Add Row". Repeat same steps to input more items into the order.
14. Note that other information, such as Tax Templates (VAT/no VAT), assigned Salesperson and Payment terms are automatically filled based on the default information provided in customer master.
15. You can change the Tax treatment by choosing the necessary VAT type
16. Click or press CTRL+S to save the document. Note that this does not finalize the document yet. Instead, the sales order is still in draft status
17. Review the sales order. If everything is in order, click on or press CTRL+S to submit and finalize the sales order. You are done.