Creating and managing items in erpnext
Creating an Item
- Log into your ERPNext account
2. Go to Buying and click on Item.
3. Click on 'New'
4. Enter the Item Code (based on your item hierarchy system)
5. Enter the Item Name (something that other people will more easily understand)
6. Enter and choose the Item Group that the item belongs too. Note that there may sometimes be parent groups and subgroups. Each item can only be part of one item group.
7. Enter and choose the Unit of Measure. This should be the standard way your business tracks inventory of this item
8. Check Maintain Stock. Checking this box will mean that the item is an inventory item. It will also require you to enter it's opening stock count.
9. Click Save or press CTRL+S to save the item.