Creating an Opportunity in ERPNext
An opportunity is a sales prospect or a qualified lead. Once a lead requests for more information about a product or service, and sets a budget or timeline, it can already be considered as an opportunity.
In ERPNext, multiple opportunities can be created for leads or customers.
To create an Opportunity:
- Login to ERPNext
- Go to CRM, Under Sales Pipeline select Opportunity
- Click New.
- On the Opportunity from field, select if it came from a Lead or Customer.
5. Once you selected where the Opportunity came from, select either the Lead or Customer name on the Lead/Customer field.
6. Select Opportunity Type. This indicates the broad category of opportunity like Sales, Support, Maintenance etc.
7. You can add more details like Opportunity Amount, Probability (of conversion), Currency in SALES section.
8. You can capture the details of the products/services needed by clicking on the 'With Items' checkbox and adding the item and quantity details in 'ITEMS' section.
9. Enter the Source of the opportunity in the SOURCE section.
10. Click Save to apply the changes.
11. Once an Opportunity has been saved, you can now create Quotations from it. Simply click the Create button on the upper right part of the screen.
Note: You may also create an Opportunity from the Leads or Customer page. Simply go to the Lead or Customer you want to create the opportunity for and on the upper right hand corner, click Create>Opportunity. Follow the other steps as mentioned above.